Naturally, whole30 air fryer beef tips and air fryer baked whole sweet potatoes are the ultimate filling and satisfying healthy comfort food you will enjoy! Look no further for a wholesome and nutritious air fryer meal as these easy finger-licking good beef tips and tender air fryer baked sweet potato combo cook in 30 minutes! Nutrient-packed, easy to make, flavorful, and tasty, this recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner meal for two!
- 1 lb. lean beef (sirloin, chuck round or steak)
- 2 whole sweet potatoes
- 1 avocado
For seasoning the meat:
- 1 – 2 teaspoons of avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dry thyme
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning (I like Slap ya Mama; not sponsored!)
- ½ teaspoon Maggi (or Knorr chicken seasoning); optional
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
For the bell peppers and onions
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ bulb of purple onions
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon crushed red peppers
- ¼ dry thyme
- 1/8 – ¼ teaspoon salt (start with 1/8 and increase if need be); always add salt to your preference.
- Avocado oil spray
- Micro greens (for garnishing)
- Chopped parsley (for garnishing)
- Step one: wash and cut the bell peppers and meat. Set them aside
- Step two: season the beef with onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, dry thyme, Cajun seasoning, and Maggi. Use a spatula or your hand to combine, cover, and set aside to marinate in the fridge.
- Step three: Prep the sweet potatoes. Wash or clean the sweet potatoes, and pat dry with paper towels. Use a fort to poke the sweet potatoes sparingly all over (this helps it cook faster). Use a brush and brush little oil on the sweet potatoes. You can also use your hands to rub it all over or use the oil spray. Then sprinkle a little salt on the sweet potatoes, and rub it over as well.
- Step four: Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees and set the time to 30 minutes. Place the sweet potatoes in the air fryer basket and cook for the next 15 minutes.
- Step five: Add the beef tips; after 15 minutes, add the marinated beef tips into the air fryer. First, move the sweet potatoes to one side of the basket. Then lay a parchment paper and place the meat onto it—Cook for the next 10 minutes.
- Step six. Add the bell peppers and onions; after 10 minutes, it is time to add the bell peppers. First, stir the beef tips and remove the parchment paper. Then add the bell peppers and onions. Sprinkle the seasonings – paprika, dry thyme, crushed red pepper, Maggi, and salt. Mix everything well to combine, spray some oil spray, and place back in the air fryer.
- Step seven. Mash avocado with a little salt, pepper, crushed red pepper while the meal finishes cooking.
- Step eight. Serve whole30 air fryer beef tips, and air fryer baked sweet potatoes warm. First, use a knife and half the sweet potatoes straight in the middle. Use a fork to make space to spread mashed avocado and a heap of air-fried beef tips. Garnish with chopped parsley or microgreens. Enjoy!
I cooked the meat to well done; however, If you wish for it to be rare or medium-rare, add them later use a meat thermometer to check your desired doneness)!
At step six, when you add the bell peppers, do check to see if the sweet potatoes are tender. Remove if tender and fully cooked before continuing cooking.
Use your finger to press to check the tenderness of the sweet potatoes. Also, wrap them in foil to stay warm until everything else is ready whenever you have to remove the sweet potatoes before stoppage time.
Feel free to sprinkle some lime or lemon juice on the mashed avocado to prevent them from changing color.
Add salt to your preference. You may notice that I didn’t add salt until I added the vegetables. Also, I started with 1/8 of a teaspoon; this way, I can add a little more if need be.
Use the bell peppers on hand, but using various colors makes this recipe look vibrant!
For both avocado oil and avocado oil spray, I like this brand – Chosen.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: #beeftips #steaktips #steakbites #airfryerbeeftips #airfryersteakbites #airfryersteak #beefrecipe #whole30 beef tips, beef bites, steak bites, whole30 steak bites, air fryer meal, air fryer baked sweet potatoes,