The most flavorful, lips-smacking jerk chicken drumsticks are marinated in jerk seasoning and cooked in the air fryer. They are crispy on the outside, moist, and tender on the inside. These air fryer jerk chicken legs are spicy (obviously, from the jerk marinade), tasty, easy to make, and great for meal prep. These keto air fried jerk chicken legs are hot, spicy, and flavorful! Easily make jerk chicken drumsticks in air fryer with jerk seasoning.
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons of Jerk seasoning (I like and use Walkerswood brand)
- 1 tablespoon of Olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dry thyme
- ½ teaspoon of small Maggi cube (or ½ teaspoon Knorr chicken powder); optional
- ½ teaspoon monk fruit (optional; for a little sweetness)
NOTE: You do not need to add salt to this recipe because the jerk seasoning has sodium. I suggest only adding salt if using sodium-free jerk seasoning.
- Step one: clean chicken well. I like washing the chicken drumsticks with lemon. Simply place the chicken in a big bowl and juice or squeeze in lemon juice. Wash and rinse thoroughly. Finally, use paper towels to dry and put them into a big bowl.
- Step two: season the drumsticks. Add all the ingredients to the chicken. Then while wearing gloves, use your hands to combine. Allow chicken to marinate for up to 2 days or air fry immediately.
- Step three: air fry jerk chicken drumsticks. Set the air fryer to 350 degrees and set the time to 15 minutes; preheat. Place marinated jerk chicken drumsticks inside the air fryer basket and air fry.
- Step four: flip/turn chicken. Check the chicken after 15 minutes and flip. Then set the air fryer to 400 degrees and air fry for 7 minutes.
- Step five: check for doneness and finish cooking. Use a meat thermometer to check the air fryer jerk chicken legs for doneness after 7 minutes. Insert it to the thickest part of the drumstick, and if it reads 165, they are ready. If not, cook until well done. I cooked these jerk chicken drumsticks for a total of 22 minutes. You may need to cook yours longer if they are bigger drumsticks.
- Step six: serve and enjoy. Allow jerk chicken drumsticks to cool, and then serve. You can serve this healthy air fryer jerk chicken drumstick with carbohydrates like rice, beans and plantains. Also, you can serve them with salads, or roasted vegetables. Feel free to remove the skin before eating if need be. However, I eat the skin, lolz. SEE INSIDE OF POST FOR STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOS & TIPS. Watch Video below to see how to make this recipe. ⬇️
If using the same jerk seasoning that I used, there is no need to add salt. Only add salt if using sodium-free jerk marinade.
Typically, only the jerk seasoning is enough to season the chicken; however, I enjoy great flavors. So, I added onion and garlic powder, plus a few other spices.
Be sure to use less jerk marinade if you are not used to spicy foods. This recipe packs up the heat!
Use kitchen hand gloves when combining the chicken with the spices unless you don’t mind the heat!
Monk fruit is a no-calorie sweetener; it adds a hint of sweetness to counter the heat. This is optional; feel free to skip it.
Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. Feel free to add more time if you have giant chicken drumsticks. I typically cook jerk chicken drumsticks for a total 22 – 25 minutes. Even without using a meat thermometer they should be well done. Always fully cooked chicken.
Air fryer jerk chicken legs are perfect for meal prep.
If you do not have an air fryer, you can follow all the processes and bake them in the oven.
Ensure to have cold water when enjoying these air fryer jerk chicken drumsticks. They are really hot and spicy!
This is my Air Fryer; I love it so much!
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Jamaican
Keywords: #jerk #jerkchicken #Jerkchickendrumsticks #chickendrumsticks #Chickenrecipe Jerk, Jerk chicken, Jamaican Jerk Chicken, Healthy Chicken Recipe, Chicken recipe