Air fryer salmon is easy, quick, tasty, and cooks in less than 10 minutes. This best healthy salmon recipe has a crisp outside and flaky + tender inside! Air-fried salmon is flavorful, tasty, light, and perfect with any side dish! This is genuinely the best healthy salmon recipe; also, it is low-carb, keto, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and nut-free!
Cooking salmon in an air fryer is legitimately the best thing for salmon as you have a restaurant-quality salmon fillet. Tender and flaky with crispy and crusty edges – delish! Healthy air-fried salmon is just the best!
- 3 salmon fillets; 6 ounce each (possibly wild caught)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil.
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Maggi Cube Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dry thyme
- A pinch of salt if needed (or none; both Cajun and Maggi have sodium).
- 1 TBS chopped parsley (for garnishing)
- 1 Lime or lemon (cut into wedges; for garnishing)
- Step one: Clean salmon. If you washed the fish, ensure to use a paper towel to dry it thoroughly. Cut salmon fillets into equal sizes. I usually buy mine precut.
- Step two: Season salmon fillet. First, sprinkle oil on all sides of the salmon fillets, and use a clean hand to rub it in. Finally, sprinkle the dry rub on all sides and rub in.
- Step three: Air fry salmon fillet. Place the salmon fillets in the air fryer basket. Set the air fryer to 350 degrees, and set the time to 10 minutes—Cook salmon in the air fryer without turning because there is no need.
- Step four: Finish cooking and serve. Check the salmon after 7 – 8 minutes; remove if ready. Your fish may be ready before 10 minutes if they are not as thick. Always essential to use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. Insert the meat thermometer to the thickest part of the fish, and if it measures 125 – 130 Fahrenheit, then this healthy salmon is ready! I usually want my fish well cooked. On the other hand, if you want your fish medium-rare, 120 Fahrenheit would be perfect. Serve with any side dish of choice; garnish with chopped parsley and lime/lemon wedges.
When I tried this recipe initially, I used only one teaspoon of Cajun seasoning without Maggi cube seasoning, and it was ok. On a second recipe test, I use ½ teaspoon Cajun and ½ teaspoon Maggi Cube seasoning, and I find this combo has the absolute bomb taste. So delicious. Listen, don’t stress or fret over Maggi seasoning. If you don’t have it, Cajun seasoning alone will work perfectly fine.
If possible, measure out all the seasoning ingredients and add them to a small bowl, and then mix. This way, it will be easier to sprinkle on the salmon.
Cut the salmon fillet in even sizes or buy precut salmon fillet. Mine were precut.
If using frozen salmon fillets, allow thawing completely.
Wash your hands before handling the salmon, or wear gloves when seasoning the salmon. Ensure that the seasoning gets everywhere for a flavorful and tasty fish!
My favorite cooking oil to use in my air fryer is avocado oil and sometime olive oil. And my favorite air fryer oil spray is avocado oil spray. This is my Air Fryer (love it)!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: #Salmon #seafood #Airfryersalmon #Fishrecipe #salmonrecipe #healthysalmonrecipe Salmon Recipe, Healthy Salmon Recipe, Air fryer,