Easy recipe for air fryer swai fish with asparagus combines white-fleshed swai fish, asparagus and honey mustard marinade. The result is a mouth-watering, flavorful, moist, tasty, juicy, tender fish and vegetable combo that cooks in 15 minutes. Air fried swai fish and asparagus is perfect for a healthy lunch or dinner! Amazingly, air fryer swai fish means that this fish cooks quicker, and cleanup is more effortless. Cooking swai fish in an air fryer equals a moist, juicy, and tasty fish!
- A 4-ounce raw swai fish (frozen and I allowed to thaw)
- 5-ounce of asparagus (about 10 medium spears); this is almost a cup.
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of honey mustard marinade or more (I used homemade, but you can use store-brand.
- Salt to taste (if needed)
- Black pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper (optional; as needed)
Here’s How I Made My Honey Mustard Marinade/Seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 garlic cloves (grated)
- 1 tablespoon of honey or monk fruit to keep it low-carb
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper or
- ½ teaspoon bouillon seasoning powder or ½ tsp. Maggi cube
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 lemon (juiced)
Instructions: melt the butter in the olive oil, then add all the other ingredients, mix well, taste, and adjust! Use a tablespoon or more to marinate the swai and asparagus and cook!
Alternatively, get a store-brand honey mustard marinade.
- Step one: trim the asparagus and rinse the swai. Cut the bottom part of the asparagus from where the stalk turns white to green. At the same time, rinse the swai fish, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Step two: season swai fish fillet. First, place clean swai fish on a foil alongside asparagus. Second, sprinkle a little salt and pepper. Then, add 1 teaspoon of the honey mustard marinade to the fish and the asparagus. Use your clean hand to marinate and ensure the marinade gets to every corner.
- Step three: wrap fish and asparagus in foil. Finally, wrap the foil to cover the fish and make a small packet—Reserve the last teaspoon to brush on the fish for later (before broiling).
- Step four: air fry swai fish fillets. Set the air fryer for 10 minutes at 400 degrees and preheat. Place the fish packet in the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes. After that time, the air fryer swai fish is ready. SEE STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOS IN THE POST.
- Step five: broil air fryer swai fish. Set the air fryer to broil and preheat. Open the air-fried swai fish and asparagus packet, and brush some honey mustard marinade on the fish. Use the last remaining marinade and add more if need be! Equally, sprinkle a little crushed red pepper (totally optional)! My air fryer broil setting automatically sets the time at 6 minutes. You can reduce the time. Here’s how air fried swai fish looks after broiling; phenomenal, right? SEE STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOS IN THE POST.
- Step six: serve and enjoy. Fortunately, this air fryer swai fish recipe serves only one, so you don’t have to share! Do not discard the juices (inside the foil). Sprinkle it right on the fish for more deliciousness!
This is a very tender fish, do not flip or turn it while cooking. I mean, most fish are!
For best results, allow frozen swai to thaw at room temperature before air frying.
Use the bend and snap to understand where to trim the asparagus from; never use asparagus without trimming! You don’t need those hard, chewy, fibrous parts; please cast them away!
Though you can proceed to serve the fish without broiling, broiling it a little automatically takes this air fryer swai fillet to the next level. I broiled it for 6 minutes which is the automatic broil setting of my Air Fryer.
You can opt out of broiling the asparagus and just broil the swai. However, I like the color the broil gives the asparagus as well. So, I broiled both.
Don’t you want the honey mustard marinade? No worries! You can use any seasoning/marinade of choice to make air fryer swai fish, and it will taste just delicious! Also, you can make homemade honey-mustard marinade with the ingredients I provided.
Alternatively, you can substitute swai with any other fish of choice. Tilapia or salmon would work as well!
I use the Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer and I love it!
- Prep Time: 4 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: #swai #swaifish #airfryerswai #airfryerrecipes #airfryerfish #airfryermeal Swai fish, Swai, Air fryer fish, Fish recipe