A simple recipe of steak bites in an air fryer with bell peppers, onions, herbs, spices, and cooks in less than 15 minutes is the satisfying pick-me-up dish you want on your table today! Air-fried steak bites and peppers are tasty, flavorful, colorful, scrumptious, crispy, shiny, juicy, and just finger-licking good! These steak bites are equally keto, gluten-free, whole30, and sugar-free. Cooking pepper steak, aka steak bites or beef tips, is easy and comes through quickly in an air fryer. I hope you can give these air fryer steak bites a try!
- 1 lb. steak of choice
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or EVOO
- ½ big red bell pepper
- ½ big yellow bell pepper
- ½ green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup of purple onion (or any color); optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (for garnishing; optional)
To season the Steak:
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dry thyme
- ½ teaspoon Maggi cube Seasoning (or Knorr Bouillon Chicken Seasoning)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
To season the Bell Peppers:
- Step one: cut the meat and bell peppers. Cut the onions as well if using it.
- Step two: place the meat in a bowl. Add one tablespoon, avocado oil, or EVOO, and the meat seasoning ingredients. Combine very well and set aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Likewise, it is essential to season the meat properly as it tenderizes it and makes it tasty.
- Step three: preheat and air fry. First, set the air fryer to 350 degrees for 15 minutes and preheat. However, you can always use the air fryer without preheating. Then Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper. Place the marinated steak bites on a single layer—Cook for 8 minutes.
- Step four: add the bell peppers and onions. Check the meat after 8 minutes or earlier if you wish to cook them rare or medium-rare. Remove the parchment paper and then add the peppers, sprinkle the seasoning. Use a spatula to mix or toss. Spray a little avocado oil spray to get them a little shiny (optional) ook for another 5 minutes, and this tasty air fryer steak bites and peppers are ready.
- Step Five: serve. Feel free to cook for extra 2 – 3 minutes if you want them tanner, crispier or dryer. Serve these yummy steak bites with any side dish – cabbage, potatoes, lettuce wraps, cauliflower rice, or just snack them as is. CLICK TO WATCH HOW I MADE THIS RECIPE.
Cut the steak bites in equal sizes. I highly suggest cutting the steak similarly if you make air fryer steak bites. You don’t want one steak bite to be ready, and the one isn’t ready.
Season the steak bites, never cook unseasoned steak.
Feel free to use any steak of choice; I have used strip steaks and top sirloin, but I am using beef chuck steak today. Use the cut of steak you love.
Ensure to marinate the steak before cooking as it helps it tenderize even more. You can allow it to marinate overnight or for hours, but at least 30 minutes!
Do not overcook steak bites, nevertheless, cook to your doneness.
If cooking more than a pound of steak the cooking time will likely change and increase.
Cooking time may vary according air fryer, pay attention, add or reduce cooking to suit you.
Add spicy peppers to your preference.
Feel free to spray a little oil spray after combining the peppers & onion.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: #Steakbites #Steak #Peppersteak #Steakrecipe #beefbites #Beeftips #airfryersteak Air fryer recipes, Air fryer, Steak recipe, Steak, Steak bites, beef bites, beef tips