Cajun Air Fryer Salmon with Avocado Salsa takes less than 20 minutes and is healthy and super-delicious! To make this easy salmon salad recipe, you will need salmon and an air fryer. Make the avocado salsa with ripe avocado, baby English cucumber, olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Hands down, the best air fryer salmon recipe with avocado salad for just one person!
For the Cajun Salmon:
- 1 Frozen salmon fillet (one 4oz)
- 1 Teaspoon Cajun or creole seasoning (season to your preference). I used only ½ tsp
- 1 – 2 teaspoon Olive oil (I used 1 tsp)
For the Avocado Salsa/Salad:
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 small baby English cucumber (about 1 cup sliced)
- 1 – 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- 1 – 2 TBS. chopped cilantro
- A dash of Salt
- A dash of Pepper
- ½ – 1 teaspoon Monk fruit (optional; for a little sweetness, to counter the lemon juice)
- Thaw. Before you even begin, let your salmon thaw out completely. Unless you’re using fresh salmon, in which case you can skip this part and get cooking.
- Season. It’s now time to flavor that salmon. Put it on a clean plate and sprinkle with olive oil and Cajun seasoning. Put on some gloves and use your hands to gently rub the seasonings into the salmon.
- Preheat. You need to get the air fryer heated to the proper temperature. Set it for 8 minutes at 400F to get it ready.
- Air Fry Salmon. Once it’s preheated, put the salmon in the center of the air fryer basket. Set it at 400F for 8 minutes. You’ll want to check on it here and there but don’t flip it.
- Make the Avocado Salsa. Now that the salmon is busy cooking in the air fryer, make your salsa. You’ll wash and cut the avocado, cucumber, and cilantro and put them in a bowl. Sprinkle fresh-squeezed lemon juice, salt, pepper, and monk fruit, then add the olive oil. Stir it to combine.
- Serve & enjoy! When the air fryer beeps, your salmon is ready. Place it on a plate and top with the avocado salsa. I like garnishing with a little more cilantro and red pepper flakes as well. You can then serve it with the suggested side dishes below to make your meal complete.
- I don’t flip the salmon while cooking it in the air fryer for this recipe.
- If you notice the fish is getting too brown too quickly, you can drop the temperature to 375F after 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Salmon does blacken up quickly, especially if you’re cooking one piece. Keep an eye on it, or double the batch and enjoy the second piece for tomorrow’s lunch.
- Feel free to swap Cajun seasoning for Creole seasoning. Do not be tempted to sprinkle the salmon with salt, the Cajun seasoning has plenty of salt.
- This is my air fryer. I love it!
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Vegetarian
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cajun Salmon, Air fryer salmon, Air Fryer Recipes, Vegetarian, Low-carb recipe, quick lunch/dinner, Avocado salsa, salad