Red cabbage wrap aka red cabbage taco is a great alternative to regular taco wraps. This healthy red cabbage chicken wrap is low-carb, easy and insanely delicious! You can easily make it vegan by not adding the chicken and cheese. This recipe is an incredible way to enjoy the rich taco flavors without the added calories. The best part about this low-carb taco wrap is that I served it with the yummiest Nigerian Chicken Suya!
- 4 red cabbage leaves (or more; I would usually use two cabbage leaves for one taco wrap. And 4 leaves serve one person)
- 4 (already made) chicken breast suya skewers (you can sub with tofu, fish or even chickpea)
- 2 leaves of lettuce (cut)
- 2 tablespoons green onions (chopped or cut)
- ½ cup of sliced red onions
- ½ avocado
- A dash of salt and black pepper
- 1 whole Roma tomato
- 1 Jalapeno (optional)
- 1 Lime
- 2 tablespoon of light sour cream (optional)
- 1-tablespoon feta cheese (optional)
- Remove some of the outer parts of the red cabbage, which I would refer to as the skin. Then gently pull out some leaves according to how many servings you wish to make. Wash thoroughly in water and use some paper towel to dry, then set aside and prepare the filling.
- As per protein; sauté a chicken breast or use leftover that you already have. Alternatively, you can follow my instructions to make Nigerian Chicken Suya.
- Cut all the vegetables; lettuce leaves, tomatoes, red onions, green onions, jalapeños, avocado; check to see if you need to trim the red cabbage leaves as well.
- To build the red cabbage taco, lay two leaves on a flat plate, then start by adding the green lettuce leaves, tomato slices, followed by every other thing. There is no right or wrong way to do this. Finish up with a dollop of light sour cream, Jalapeno, green onions, and feta cheese. And before you dig in, feel free to sprinkle a dash of salt and black pepper for an even escalation of all the flavors. Enjoy your yummy and delicious red cabbage taco!
Some of the cabbage leaves may seem too wide, it is ok to use kitchen scissors and trim them up.
This recipe serves just one person, multiple as you wish.
You can substitute Chicken with Tofu, or fish.
You can easily make it vegan by not adding the chicken and cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Universal
Keywords: Taco, Healthy Taco, Vegetable Taco, Purple Cabbage recipe, Healthy salad, Nigerian Suya Taco, Taco Leaves, Cabbage wrap, Red Cabbage chicken wrap, red cabbage wrap recipe, low calorie wrap