Hands down this is one of the best sweet potato hash recipes ever! Whether you are looking to start your day right or end it in a terrific way, this healthy and delicious sweet potato hash with eggs comes in handy – YUM.
- 3 cups of cut sweet potatoes (cut in cubes)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup of chopped green bell pepper (you can use any color)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped fresh onions
- 1 – teaspoon of seasoning powder (or one seasoning cube)
- 1/8 teaspoon of dry thyme (you can substitute with dry rosemary.)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt (remember to always add salt according to your health need or taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper (or add according to your taste)
- ¼ – ½ cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of parsley (for garnishing)
- Wash all vegetables, and cut into desired sizes. Add olive oil to a hot clean pan, and add the onions, sauté about 2 minutes to soften and add the green peppers, cook for 1 additional minute and add the sweet potatoes. Stir very well to combine, and then add the salt, pepper, thyme, seasoning powder or cube, ensure to combine everything well, deglaze the pan with half of the water, cover the pan, and cook until the potatoes are tender. Taste and adjust flavors.
- Inside the pan, make three “holes” or indentations, and break the eggs into each hole one after another. Add one or two tablespoons of water around the edges of the pan to further deglaze so your dish is not burnt while eggs cook. Cover and cook for up 5 minutes or until the egg are ready. (Some people may prefer the eggs half done, and that’s ok. Garnish with chopped parsley, enjoy with friends and family.
It is better to deglaze with water than add excess oil, and much better to deglaze with water than add wine, especially if you don’t drink.
Cook on medium, and keep eyes on this meal, it can easily dry up/burn.
Feel free to add more or less of ingredients listed.
You can also try this same recipe using regular potatoes, and you won’t regret it!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: Universal
Keywords: Sweet potato hash with Vegetables, Sweet potato hash, Sweet potato recipe, one-pan sweet potato hash, healthy potato hash recipe, Stove-top Sweet potato hash