This recipe quick and easy recipe of healthy and hearty broccoli cheddar soup is full of with essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. Serve by itself or with garlic bread, crackers or with some shredded carrots for more vitamins.
- 3 cups of cut broccoli florets or more
- 2 (– 3) cups of homemade chicken broth
- 1 cup of water
- 1 – 2 chicken breast(s) (cut in cubes or squares and set aside; optional but necessary)
- 1 cup of half and half organic cream
- 1½ cup of cheddar cheese (2% milk or skim milk)
- 2 tablespoons of floor
- ½ cup of cut onions
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 Maggi cube
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (sauté the chicken in it and use it to cook the soup as well)
- 1-teaspoon of salt or less
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg (optional)
- Sautee chicken breast in olive oil and set aside. Using the same pot and the same leftover oil (or use a different pot and add two tablespoons of oil), add onions and minced garlic. Allow to cook for about 2 minutes and then add the flour, keep continuously stirring for about two more minutes. Then add the chicken broth, cream, black pepper, salt, Maggi cube, water, and give a good stir. Then add the entire broccoli, stir and cover.
- Cook on medium heat for about 20 – 25 minutes or more until the broccoli is soft (remember to stir in between cooking time ensure that the soup is not overflowing or sticking to the pot. After the said time or fully cooked and soft, stir in the sautéed chicken breast, taste the soup (and add additional salt/seasoning as you may desire). Then add the cheese and give a good stir. Your delicious healthy and hearty broccoli cheddar soup is ready. Serve by itself or with garlic bread, crackers or with some shredded carrots for more vitamins.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Appetizer or Entree
- Cuisine: American/Universal