Loving Your Curvy Fitness.
The present time is the right time to not only get fit but to also stay fit. And by fit I mean healthy. It is understandable for some of us to fall off the wagon with their fitness at this time of year. But for the serious and determined individuals, this time of the year doubles as a great time to start and stand strong! And it does not faze them. Whether you are just starting, hanging on by a thread or an avid fitness connoisseur, here are some tips to keep you going strong on your curvy fitness journey this year and beyond.
#1. Know Your Why.
In order to stay on track and maintain a healthy lifestyle, you must do some self-assessment. Discover why you want to stay fit and why this lifestyle is important to you. You need to dig deep. First and foremost, to maintain a lifestyle shift your WHY needs to be about YOU, not about any other person or thing. Any and all changes start from within and exude outward; therefore, internal motivation is essential. This is your body, your life, and your journey, and you are in charge. Click To Tweet In other words, to be successful in anything, the motivation and mindset have to start from within.
- Understand "the WHY."
- Write down "the WHY."
- Commit to "that WHY."
#2. Define Healthy for you.
This step is very critical in maintaining curvy fitness (and every other fitness) because what healthy is and what it looks like on other people could vary, and that's ok. In other to ensure that you are on the right path do the following:
- Research the definition of healthy, and redefine what it means for you and your health.
- Know what is realistic for your body type; without question, we all know that body types are different. What works for person A may not work for person B.
- Accept where you are and start working to get to where you want to be. Choose the right fitness exercises accordingly. Also, start affirmations to help you on this journey.
As a curvy fit woman, I am clear on what healthy and fit looks like on my curvaceous body. You can surely have healthy curves (speaking from experience here 😁) A curvy body with hips, butt, and thighs that are voluptuous is beautiful, love on it and maintain it. you can absolutely be curvy and fit. Weight is just a number, and as long as you are doing your fair share of fitness every single day keep pushing to your goal. There is no need to have expectations that are anything outside of being your best (curvy) fit self.
#3. Be Discipline.
Discipline is exercising self-control to do something. In this case, it is to stay fit. Having discipline is an absolutely essential to persevering in this lifestyle. Build your self-discipline by:
- Setting clear fitness goals and executing them.
- Create boundaries that improve your success.
- Accept no excuses (YIKES; did I say that?).
- Do the work and control your emotions.
#4. Mind the Company you Keep.
“You become like the 5 people you spend the most time with. Choose close acquaintances wisely.”
- Be selective and intentional about your circle.
- Surround yourself with others who are fitness-minded and/or similarly shaped and accomplishing their goals i.e. Curvy Fit Chicks.
- Have friends that are challenging and supportive, not competitive and sabotaging.
- Remember that iron sharpens iron
#5 Keep a Journal.
I find that I am most successful with long-term lifestyle changes when I keep track of it in a journal. A journal allows you to be brutally honest with yourself. There are no judgments. You can clear your mind and be intentional about achieving your goal. Journaling is a great tool for assessment as well as it measures, evaluates and document patterns and progress of your fitness.
Below you’ll find suggestions on what to include in your journal for fitness success.
- Challenges, and how to manage them: for instance; ways to avoid excuses, emotional eating patterns, boundaries, etc.
- Write out your daily, weekly, monthly fitness goals.
- Write out a plan to achieve your goals.
- Have a space to write out how you feel about your progress or need for improvement
As you know and I know; maintaining curvy fitness can seem like an overwhelming task, but in actuality, it’s all about priorities. It is true that if it is important to you, then you will make a way to make it work. Time is finite so use it wisely to maximize your life. By incorporating these 5 tips into your life, you are surely on your way to solidifying healthy habits that reinforce your fitness lifestyle.
Thanks for reading, and do not forget to share. Also, if you would love light and lovely recipes as you continue on your fit journey, please click here. For all Nigerian inspired recipes that we share here on the blog please check out our kitchen.