These shredded beets salad is one of the best beets’ recipes EVER! It is flavorful, it is fabulous, and it is festive.
- 3 medium sized beetroot
- 2 apples
- 4 – 5 medium/small carrots
For the dressing:
- 1-tablespoon olive oil
- ½ of whole orange (squeezed) or ¼ cup of orange juice
- ½ of whole lemon (squeezed) or 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Wash and peel all the vegetables (beets, carrots, and apple). Use the 2nd biggest hole on a box grater to grate all the vegetables. Place in a big bowl as you grate.
- In a small bowl, mix the orange juice, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper, then gently pour in the olive oil while still stirring. Mix well and taste to ensure flavor. Pour this mixture on to the salad and gently mix it into the salad; it is ready to be served. You could eat immediately or cover and put back in the fridge for about 1 – 2 hours to allow the flavors to intensify. Enjoy!
If all you have is orange juice and lemon juice, then you may start by adding a tablespoon of each, and perhaps add a little bit more as you taste and adjust.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Shred
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Beets salad, vegetable salad, Vegan salad, Shredded vegetable salad, fruity salad, apple salad, carrots salad, Healthy beets salad, Raw beet salad, Beetroot salad, How to make beet salad, Citrus beets salad, Sliced beets salad, Summer beet salad, Fresh beet salad recipe, Simple beet salad , Fresh beetroot salad, Refreshing beets salad, Colorful beet salad