Whether you are thinking of some good old breakfast for those special mornings, or perhaps you have some overripe bananas, this recipe comes through! With just one slice and a cup of a healthy beverage, this healthy whole wheat banana bread is sure to make your day! This bread is moist, scrumptious and healthy, just what the body needs! Do not hesitate to share this recipe is with your family and friends.
½ cup olive oil
½ cup honey
3 medium – large overripe bananas
¼ cup milk of milk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1½ whole wheat flour
½ cup of almond flour
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease baking pans.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon to the whole wheat flour bowl mix well together and set aside.
- Add the three overripe bananas to a big bowl, use a potato masher to mash, then scoop into a small bowl and set aside.
- Rinse the big bowl or use another container to continue. Add the olive oil and honey into the bowl, use a whisk to combine, then add the egg, vanilla extract, and milk, whisk well to mix as well. Finally, add the mashed bananas and whisk to combine.
- Now add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients bowl; use a spatula to combine gently. This doesn’t have to be smooth or completely without lumps. And do not over mix it.
- Pour this mixture into the greased and parchment-lined baking sheet; I used two different pans
- Place in the already preheated 325 oven and bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. I baked the rectangular pan for approximately 50 minutes and the cake pan for 45 minutes. Allow cooling for up 10 – 15 before removing from the pan to place on the wire rack.
- Allow to further cool for 10 minutes or as needed before slicing. Enjoy a slice with hot cocoa, tea, coffee, or milk.
This bread is always gone within a day or two at my house because it is yummy, and everyone loves it. However, it can last up to 4 days, and I have never kept it longer for 5 days.
I used dairy milk, but you substitute with non-dairy milk.
Make it nuttier by addition some walnuts or any other nut of choice.
Whenever I am using the cake pan (like today), I would usually bake it 5 minutes short of the time because these pans are flatter. Keep an extra eye on it, and do the toothpick test earlier than you would on a bread pan.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Healthy Banana Bread Recipe, Whole wheat Banana Bread recipe, Refined sugar-free desserts, Easy banana bread recipe, Banana Almond flour recipe, Banana Dessert