These healthy and easy to make peppered turkey bites on keto-friendly bread is about to be your best appetizer for any occasion, especially during Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. These little bites are scrumptious and nutritious appetizers/snacks.
4 slices of Sara Lee Keto-friendly Bread
1 (already cooked) Turkey Breast (any other part works just fine)
1 big bulb of onions
3 big bell peppers (2 red and 1 orange; any color works just fine)
¼ cup of Olive oil (plus another tablespoon spoon or oil spray)
1 – 2 teaspoons of salt (always use salt according to your taste).
2 Maggi Cubes (season to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cut one slice of bread into four squares (do the same for all the bread), then lay on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle or spray olive oil on both sides of each bread “square,” and sprinkle a little salt on both sides as well.
- Bake for 7 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on the other side (a total of 10 minutes), set aside.
- Cut the turkey meat into squares/cubes, spread on a baking tray, sprinkle a little salt, and broil in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes or until crisp and golden. Keep eyes on this, not to overcook. Then set aside.
- Wash, and quarter the bell peppers and onions, then add to the food processor. Roughly blend so that you can still see the pepper/onion fragments.
- Set a clean pan on the stove, and add olive oil, and then allow to warm up. Add the bell pepper onion blend as soon as the oil is hot.
- Cover, and cook until the liquid visibly reduces; stir now and then while it cooks. This may take up 30 – 40 minutes, depending on the quantity of the blend.
- Season with salt, and add the Maggi cubes according to your taste, then add the turkey bites into the sauce; make sure to properly incorporate, cover to simmer on low for another 5 – 7 minutes. Taste and adjust flavors.
- Scope peppered turkey bites unto baked bread bites to serve. This recipe serves up 8 – 10 people.
Use seasoned white or dark turkey meat for this recipe; either would work just fine.
Keep eyes on the bread while they bake; it cooks quickly and can easily burn. You want crisp bread, not a burnt bread.
Start by baking for 7 minutes on one side, then flip, and complete baking for another 3 minutes.
Feel fry to add other seasonings and spices you may love. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stovetop and Baking
- Cuisine: American and Nigerian
Keywords: Turkey recipe, Turkey, Thanksgiving recipe, Appetizers, healthy appetizer, Thanksgiving appetizer, Christmas appetizer, Peppered meat, Nigerian peppered meat, Thanksgiving holiday, bell pepper recipe, holiday recipe, Turkey appetizer, Bread appetizer, Peppered meat sauce, Turkey bite appetizer, Bread bites, Turkey bites calories, Turkey bread bites, Turkey sausage bites, Leftover turkey bites, Turkey bites on keto bread, Turkey pepper bites, Peppered Turkey bites on bread, How to cook turkey bites, Healthy turkey bites, Nigerian peppered meat, How to make peppered meat Nigerian style, Peppered turkey meat, Making peppered meat, Peppered assorted meat