Healthy and easy zucchini chicken stir fry made in the air fryer is easy to make, flavorful, colorful, delicious, and satisfying! This unique stir fry with chicken and zucchini chicken makes a quick weekday lunch or dinner!
With just a few easy steps and a short cooking time, this easy zucchini stir-fry with chicken will be your new go-to dinner on a busy night. And the best part is that you use your air fryer!
- 2 zucchini
- 4–6 boneless chicken thighs (Sizes vary)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 or 1/3 small onions
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon Knorr bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning (I used Tony Rancher’s)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- A couple of parsley leaves (optional; for garnishing)
- Prepare the Vegetables and the Chicken. The first step is to gather all your ingredients. Then you will wash and cut the zucchini, bell peppers, and onions. Next, you’ll want to clean the boneless chicken thighs and cut them. I like to keep the chicken pieces and the zucchini pieces around the same size, so everything cooks evenly.
- Place in a large bowl. Add all the ingredients (chicken, zucchini, bell peppers, and onions) to a big bowl.
- Season. Generously sprinkle the seasoning spices and herbs on the ingredients and use a clean hand or spatula to combine. Ensure to mix well.
- Air Fry Chicken and Zucchini. Now comes the fun part! Place the seasoned chicken and zucchini into the air fryer basket. Set it to 400F for 10 minutes; you don’t have to preheat the air fryer, but you can if you like. (Sidebar: I did not preheat the air fryer).
- Check halfway. Check halfway through the cooking time with a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is fully cooked, and add more time if necessary. Then serve! Tip: Cook in batches to avoid overcrowding your air fryer basket; I cooked this recipe in two batches.
Try to keep the size of the chicken and zucchini the same when you cut them up. This helps even with cooking.
Cook this recipe in batches, or you will overcrowd the fryer basket. I cooked this by putting it into two batches.
This recipe is great with quinoa or your favorite rice. You can also find other delicious recipes to pair with it on my site!
Use the bell peppers that you have on hand, irrespective of color.
You can make this spicy by adding more pepper chili pepper.
Feel free to season to your taste/preference.
You can use chicken breast instead of thighs.
Please ensure your chicken is fully cooked; if chicken/veggies aren’t fully cooked after 10 minutes, please add more time.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: Zucchini, Chicken, Chicken Thigh Recipes, Stir fry recipes, Air fryer, Air frying, chicken recipe,